Tuesday 3 November 2009

It's a big post!!!!

Because it feels like I haven't posted something for a while, I'm going to make this my multi-post.
I am going to cover a few of the best bits that have passed me over the last couple of weeks.

To begin what has popped up, I'll start with Popping out!

So... Top of the pops is this amazing time lapsed/stop motion/post production grafitti technique:

Serge Gainsbourg - animation des graffitis sur 5 ans du mur rue de Verneuil from Arnaud Jourdain on Vimeo.


Over a period of five years, designer Arnaud Jourdain took thousands of photos of the graffiti on the facade of Serge Gainsbourg's last home adress, at 5a Rue de Verneuil, in the fifth arrondissement of Paris. He then converted his images into a wonderful animated 3D sequence of colors and collages. Impressive!
Copy by Frogsmoke

Gainsbourg, mur rue de Verneuil, partie droite. from Arnaud Jourdain on Vimeo.



Although this has faced some unnecessary harsh critics, I believe this Kasabian promotion is spot on!

The freestyle footballers are: Paul Wood, Paul Klein, Darryl Stewart, Tom Pett, Lewis Foster & Harry Adcroft - see http://bit.ly/3fxLoK for more info.

If it's not real I take it all back (although in the true spirit of a viral, it was lose enough to get me thinking, and that's all you need). So from me - good job!

Now what else have we...

There was that Augmented Reality projection mapping, if you missed it you can see it here.
Pretty, pretty, pretty... pretty, pretty cool!

AND THIS JUST IN...

Big Head Halloween costumes:

Courtesy of the_defiance

It took 370 triangles to create his own head:

"The head was modeled in 3ds Max based off of photos I had Jen take. The final triangle count was 370. I designed it so it could fit over my head, sit on my shoulders and then be held down by a jacket."

More here.

Well, I hope that keeps you busy for a while.
Soon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home